We all need it. Even your writers! We are widows like you, in varying stages of healing and unique places on our journeys. We thought today we would bring your attention to just a few specific prayers we are praying. Thanks for joining us in praying for our ministry today.
Katie, Erika, Lori, Linda, Kit, Sheryl, Bonnie (top row)
Sherry, Jill, Karen, Teri, Ami, Elizabeth, Liz Anne (bottom row)
- Today we celebrate with one of our writers who is GETTING MARRIED! We are so thrilled for our Katie who is blending two families into one today. Pray for her marriage to point to Christ in every way. We pray the transition into this new blend will be beautiful and God-honoring.
- We pray for several of our writers who are selling homes, moving, packing boxes, or downsizing. It is easy to become impatient with God’s timing that doesn’t match our own. Pray for the attitudes of all involved, from in-laws to children to step-children to our writers, to bring glory to God. Pray that God’s strength will be evident to all around us.
- Several of our writers have children at home. We pray for continued trust in a faithful God that is evident through all our decisions and parenting dilemmas. Pray for a balance between allowing these children to spread their wings and keeping the wings clipped when necessary! Some are beginning to experience an empty nest so prayers for our children to draw near to God on their own.
- Pray for unified hearts in ministry. We have every different personality type you can imagine! We are solely a ministry to bring glory to God in our healing, and Satan would like nothing more than to destroy all ministries. Pray protection from distractions, relief from writer’s block, and hearts knit together in a common goal.
- Pray for our writers who are heavily involved in other ministries in their local churches. These ladies lead women to a deeper faith and lead ministries to widows/widowers. Pray for humble hearts and creativity in teaching.
- Pray for the finances of our writers. Some work full time and some are needing to look for work. Pray for wisdom and guidance from our Creator, who loves us and knows us better than we know ourselves, as we make decisions. Many of these decisions affect our children directly and other decisions completely change our time available to minister. Pray we keep our eyes on the Father and not on our circumstances.
- Pray against discouragement and loneliness in our journey. We are often weary of this journey without our spouses and we can lose heart easily. Pray for our writers to guard our hearts and only allow Truth from Scripture to guide us, not our emotions.
Thank you for joining us on this Day of Prayer. We would love to hear from you so comment here on our website with your prayer for this ministry or to just let us know you prayed along with us today. We are only strong because of God’s strength in us. This week we have explored this strength. You can read about it here.