karen emberlin kit hinkle a new season a widows might trusting god widowhood support

Lead Me- Guide Me- Walk Beside Me

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need….Psalm 23:1 (TLB)

It’s Springtime!  Where I live, we are excited about seeing the grass turning green, new leaves coming out on the trees, flowers beginning to bloom, and even some warmer days.  It is refreshing to begin this “new season”.

A “new season” – oh, there are still so many days I wish I could really get excited about that on this journey of widowhood!

As I look back over the months I have been traveling this path, I can see the many different stages  experienced. My husband and I were married for forty-eight years and worked together for the majority of that time.  We were literally together twenty-four seven, so there were so many new things I had to encounter.  I now know what it is like to learn to be alone.  I know what it is like to make a major move early in my journey.  I know what it is to learn to make decisions on my own.  You see because my husband was called to his heavenly home unexpectedly, my entire life was turned upside down in a matter of minutes.

In the beginning, I was so doubtful I could ever survive alone.  However, God had other plans in mind for me.  As the minutes, hours, and days progressed I began to realize how much God loved me and how much He wanted to be a part of all the decisions I needed to make.  My desire for Him began to increase and I soon realized, again, He has the answers to all the questions and situations I face each day.  He even tells me in Psalm 23:1 (TLB) “Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!”

I am a very “human” person, so I continually have to be reminded of His promises.   Oh how thankful I am for the many ways He continues to do that.  I have a wonderful family, many friends, my church, music, but most of all His word.  I know as long as I keep my eyes focused on Him, He will continue to take care of me!

Yes, for many years, I depended on my husband to help lead me, guide me, and walk beside me!   We were a “normal” couple and had our ups and downs like everyone else, but we were happy and I thought we were doing OK.  However, since my husband’s departure to heaven, God continues to re-affirm to me and to show me how He is there to help me with every decision I need to make.

We all go through tough times – before and after the loss of our beloved husbands.  At certain times, it feels like we’ve met our end and can’t go on anymore.  However, we can claim for ourselves that through Christ, God is our portion forever No matter how weak we may be, God can carry us through because we know that God’s strength, which dwells right inside our hearts, is strength like no other.

My dear Sisters, I pray that you will let His strength carry you!  Ask Him to “Lead You, Guide You, and Walk Beside You”.

Even though our lives are so different than we would ever have asked for, with Him, we can have a “new season”, even through this journey of widowhood.

Father God, sometimes it is hard to go on, but I know You care, and I trust You.  I know You will keep me in perfect peace when my mind is stayed on You!   Thank you for taking care of me and my dear Sisters.  Amen

1. Tangerine Packeer
    Tangerine Packeer says:

Hi Karen,
    Thanks for this beautiful message. I loved the way you described ( after my husband,s departure to Heaven).
    It’s 21/2 yrs since my Julian “departed to Heaven.”
    I,m still struggling , I tend to talk to him more than Our Lord.
    I love the Lord n say my prayers n read the Bible n so on,but I can’t seem to able to give Him all. I still cling to my husband.
    Any answers?❤️

• Elizabeth Dyer
      Elizabeth Dyer says:

Ms Packeer, I am so glad Karen’s writing ministered to you. Her words meant a lot to so many people. Karen passed away last summer and has left a hole on our team where her heartfelt writing filled. We all miss her dearly. She would have such sweet humble words for you that I could never duplicate. We have many many other good articles on our site that might have the words you are looking for though. You could start by reading more articles that Karen wrote. Go to the “meet us” tab and click on all of Karen’s articles. May her words encourage you as they have the rest of us. There are years worth of other great articles on our website as well. We also have a daily devotional available through Amazon that might be a great way to focus on Christ each morning. It is called For the Love of HER Life and is set us by the seasons, all available through Amazon.
      ~Elizabeth

• Karen Emberlin
      Karen Emberlin says:

Susan, thank you for responding. I pray God will continue to give you the comfort and peace only He can give us during difficult situations. Please come back and visit with us often.
      Blessings,
      ~Karen E.

2. Cathryn
    Cathryn says:

This is what I am learning. My precious husband of 5 fabulous years passed on December 4, 2014.

• Karen Emberlin
      Karen Emberlin says:

Cathryn, There certainly are many things to learn on this journey! I pray you can rest in His love and know that He will never leave you! Thank you for your comment – My prayers are with you as walk this journey!
      Much Love,
      Karen E.

3. FlowerLady Lorrainef
    FlowerLady Lorrainef says:

Dear Karen ~ It is always wonderful to have our faith encouraged and uplifted and this is what you did for me with this post.

Widowhood is an ongoing journey. We miss our husbands daily. We have decisions to make, things to do, we miss the camaraderie with our best friends. Knowing my husband is with Jesus gives me peace and joy and Jesus is drawing me ever closer to Him in each and every new day I am blessed with.

Thank you for this post and God’s continued blessings on you as you live your life and minister to others.

FlowerLady

• Karen Emberlin
      Karen Emberlin says:

Thank you, Lorraine, for replying. I am so thankful God is with us each step of the way. May He continue to bless you as you draw closer to Him each day!
      Much Love,
      Karen

• evelyn fontanez
      evelyn fontanez says:

50 years or 5 years. In widowhood it doesn’t make a difference because all pain is relative to our situation and circumstances. Pain is pain. and no amount of time will diminish the memories of our loved ones. Strength and comfort to all widows in this journey.

• Karen Emberlin
        Karen Emberlin says:

Evelyn, I once read the following: “To lose someone you love is to alter your life forever…the pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes…this hole in your heart is the shape of the one you lost – one one else can fit in it.” Thank you for your comments – I agree our loss is our own, but I thank God for being there to walk this journey with us! Blessings to you! ~Karen E.